Protection of Personal Information Policy (POPI)
The objective of this policy is to protect the information assets of Integrity Academy and its associated companies against threats, be it internal or external, whether with intent or accidental. This is necessary to ensure business continuation, curbing losses and maximising of business opportunities.
This policy sets the standard for suitable protection of personal information in Integrity Academy. It provides the principles regarding the right for individuals to privacy and reasonable protection of personal information.
The policy is applicable to Integrity Academy, Associated Service Providers, their sole owners, key persons, representatives and other personnel in Integrity Academy. The sole owners, key personnel and management of Integrity Academy are eventually responsible for proper control of information security.
Integrity Academy’s Information Control Officer
The responsibilities of Integrity Academy Group Information Officer (Johann Cloete) are as follows:
- The development and updating of this policy;
- Ensuring that this policy is supported by applicable documentation and procedural instructions;
- Assuring that documentation is relevant and kept up to date;
- Communicating the content of the policy, and consequential updating, to the relevant managers, representatives, personnel and associates concerned.
The sole owners, key personnel, representatives and personnel of Integrity Academy are obliged to comply with the provisions of this policy. Any deviations from this policy or breach thereof or incidents that may relate to such a possibility, must be reported to the Information Officer.
External individuals, involved in information technology under contract to Integrity Academy, will be subjected to the same information security policy as applicable to Integrity Academy. A separate contract will have to be signed confirming commitment to the policy and will include an assurance that security measures are in place when personal information is processed.
The sole owners, key personnel, representatives as well as personnel of Integrity Academy are committed to the following principles:
- Integrity Academy will always maintain and develop reasonable protective measures against risks such as loss, unauthorised access, destruction, use, alteration or revelation of personal information.
- Integrity Academy will at all times comply with restrictions and other requirements applicable to the international transfer of information.
Integrity Academy upholds the requirements of the legislation on POPI and maintains an approach of transparency of operational procedures that control collection and processing of personal information.
- Integrity Academy is committed to complying with all applicable regulatory requirements related to the collection and processing of personal information.
- Integrity Academy undertakes to collect personal information in a legal and reasonable way and to process the personal information obtained from clients only for the purpose for which it was obtained in the first place.
- Processing of personal information obtained from clients will not be undertaken in an insensitive or wrongful way that can intrude on the privacy of the client.
- Integrity Academy undertakes not to request or process information related to race, religion, medical situation, political preference, trade union membership, sexual certitude or criminal record. Integrity Academy will also not process information of juveniles.
- Integrity Academy will ensure that correct and sufficient information is on record of its clients. Non-relevant information will be removed. Only the latest information related to the training process will be recorded.
- Information will be directly obtained from the client.
- Integrity Academy also undertakes not to provide any documentation to a third party or service provider without the consent of the client except where it is necessary for the proper execution of the service as expected by the client, in compliance with the education provided, with the proviso that Integrity Academy will at all times ensure that the third party also complies with the stipulations and requirements of the POPI legislation as well as when documents are requested by institutions as prescribed by law.
- Integrity Academy is compelled to keep an effective record of personal information and undertakes not to keep information for a period longer than that prescribed by the relevant educational legislation. Information will be destroyed at the end of the prescribed period in such a way that it cannot be reconstructed.
- Integrity Academy will provide the necessary security of data and keep it in accordance with prescribed legislation.
- Should information be lost, that is not under the control of Integrity Academy anymore, it will immediately be brought to the attention of the client and the regulator.
- In the event of data loss, the client will receive sufficient information to restrict possible risk that may result from the loss.
- Clients may at all times inquire about information kept and may also request the removal or destruction of information which is not relevant anymore.
- Integrity Academy will ensure that all service providers and other role players involved, comply with the expectations of the POPI legislation of 2013.
- The management of Integrity Academy gives the assurance that representatives and staff understand the requirements and expectations of the act and comply with the content thereof and that training will take place on an ongoing basis.
- Integrity Academy’s policy regarding private information will continuously be updated to comply with legislation, thereby ensuring that personal information will be secure.
The management as well as the information officer of Integrity Academy, are responsible for the implementation, administration and supervision of this policy. This function includes the provision of supporting guidelines, standardised operational procedures, notices, applicable documents and processes.
The sole owner, key personnel, representatives and staff of Integrity Academy will be trained to be conversant with their functions regarding the regulatory requirements, policy and guidelines related to the protection and control of personal information. The Facilitators, Assessors and Moderators of Integrity Academy will undertake periodic revision and auditing to ensure compliance with the policy, guidelines and the application of the principle of privacy of information.
Integrity Academy will implement suitable operational controls to ensure the privacy of information in compliance with this policy and the regulatory requirements. These control measures will comprise of:
- Allocation of responsibilities for information security;
- Incident reporting and management;
- User ID inclusion or removal;
- Information security training and education;
- Safeguarding assessment records and results;
- Data backup.
Access to records for compliance and recordkeeping purposes
Integrity Academy implemented the protocol on their website and Learning Management System to only allow access to student results and records with the expressed permission granted by the registered student. The student must clearly indicate with either a YES or NO whether access will be granted to Compliance Officers, Key Individuals or the company’s Internal Learning Centre/Department for record keeping purposes.
This policy is implemented by the Management, Facilitators, Assessors, Moderators and staff of Integrity Academy. All stakeholders namely shareholders, directors, key personnel, representatives and staff of Integrity Academy as well as the Facilitators, Assessors, Moderators’ assigned with the duty to collect and process personal information, must comply with the requirements of the policy.
Non-compliance with this policy will lead to disciplinary action such as a possible change of mandate or dismissal.